Wrong! In fact, kinderwhore makeup is just as varied as the dresses! The trick is to mix and match; this will possibly give an air of improvisation and creativity. Also, application should generally be more along the lines of properly-done than children playing with mommy's stuff (though feel free to make it look a bit uneven or lazily-done!)
Where should you get your makeup? Ideally drugstores or supermaket own-brands, though I know you can find cheap makeup in markets and charity shops. However, if you prefer a high street or designer brand, keep in mind that you'll have to make some sacrifices to get it; the original kinderwhores were too busy trying to survive off what money they had to afford nice lippy!
|Courtney Love, rocking her ever-present red lippy and smudged eyeshadow.|
Common lip colours:
- Red: be it firetruck or deep crimson, this is without a doubt the most popular shade.
- Pink: pale pinks are ideal for casual wear and for more childlike lips, whereas a bright pink will make you look like a junkie Barbie doll (which is a good thing!) Also, bright pinks make a great alternative to red!
- Peach: again, good for low-key and childish lips.
- Brown: a deep brown, or maybe maroon, is perfect for kinderwhores of colour who wish to be a little more on the subtle side.
- Nude: bare lips are great if you're feeling a bit lacking in confidence, or if you'd rather emphasise your eyes/cheeks.
Common eye colours:
- Black: ideal for making a statement with dark, smoky eyes.
- Brown: ideal for giving the impression of tiredness or extended drug use. Browns can also be a subtle alternative to black smoky eyes.
- Grey: from silver to glittery to bold, grey is a wonderful all-purpose colour!
- Pastel: these can give your eyes a cutesy charm, and can be used to make some adorable pastel rainbow eyes!
- Blue: like brown, a deep blue is a bolder alternative to black!
Common blush colours:
- Pink: childish charm at its best!
- Peach: for subtler cheeks.
- Brown: ideal for kinderwhores of colour wanting subtle cheeks.
- Red: only for the most daring!
In addition, black eyeliner and mascara are perfect for completing your makeup bag/drawer, though don't be afraid to look for other colours!